When you finally cash in your two weeks for a vacation with your loved ones, you want to ensure that you’re making the most out of every moment. Certainly, a little rest and relaxation is warranted, but that doesn’t mean resting on your laurels and relaxing your diet.
Here’s an idea: when you take a holiday, make sure you fuel up on healthy, protein-packed foods to maintain a high level of energy so you can seize each and every day. For example, if you’re taking time off to stroll the plush, white sand beaches of Clearwater, stop by Kaia Bowls for the best poke bowl in Clearwater Beach.
We offer an array of signature poke bowls as well as the option to customize your own poke bowl from a combination of over 40+ healthy ingredients. When you’re on vacation, you want to eat balanced meals that fill you up without weighing you down and provide the vital nutrients you need to start early and finish late.
Fuel Up for a Full Day
Every individual’s protein needs differ depending on their age, body weight, activity level, and diet. Sure, you can load up on hamburgers and chicken tenders to satisfy your daily intake of protein, but you’ll also be flooding your body with saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol, too. Many people prefer to ignore their diet while vacationing, but doing so can lead to lethargy and a “quick nap” at the hotel turning into a day wasted.
Keeping Up with the Kids
Let’s face it, keeping up with your kids on vacation is no easy task. Going stride for stride with those little bundles of energy takes it toll. With that said, eating a healthy, protein-packed meal can give you the energy necessary to keep up with your excited littles all day long. Here are some simple tips to get the protein you need:
- Front-load as much protein as you can in the morning to recharge early and sustain your energy throughout the day. At Kaia Bowls, our poke bowls are a great alternative to your normal breakfast while providing an array of health benefits and copious amounts of nutrients to help you start your day on the right foot.
- As a rule of thumb, attempt to eat a palm-sized serving of protein for each meal of the day. If you’re on vacation and you think you’ll be tied up in activities where food isn’t available, like scuba diving or hiking, consider getting a double dose of protein for breakfast to last you until dinner.
- Source your protein from ahi tuna, fresh salmon, shrimp, and chicken to get the energy you need without burdening yourself with heavy red meat alternatives.
The Taste of a Hawaiian Vacation
At Kaia Bowls, whether you’re snacking on our ono bowl or apikai bowl, you’ll be treated to the authentic taste of Hawaiian cuisine. One bite of our savory poke bowls in Clearwater Beach will have you feeling like you’re on a vacation in Honolulu or Maui. Our menu allows you to build your own poke bowl to customize your cravings. You can also choose from one of our signature poke bowls including:
- Ono Bowl: traditional ahi tuna, nori, avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumber, pickled onions, candy cane beets, black sesame seeds, crispy shallots, watercress, and Hawaiian ponzu sauce.
- Apikai Bowl: fresh salmon, nori, avocado, scallions, pickled onions, mango, edamame, jalapeños, crispy onions, watercress, chia seeds, and cucumber wasabi sauce.
- Kilauea Bowl: shrimp, watermelon radish, mango, nori, savocado, scallions, corn, pickled red onion, tempura flakes, cilantro, watercress, and sweet chili sauce.
- Hana Bowl: grilled chicken, carrots, pineapple, nori, avocado, sweet peppers, crispy beets, almonds, watercress, and teriyaki sauce.
Are you interested in tasting the best poke bowl in Clearwater Beach? Discover a healthy taste of paradise at Kaia Bowls! For more information, please call (727) 223-3073 or submit our contact request form.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general educational information only. This information does not constitute health advice and is not intended to be a substitute for professional dietary counsel.